The Peace Party would:
- Create a housing programme to ensure that everyone, the young, the vulnerable, the socially excluded, single people, families, single parents with children and older and disabled people, has a home of their own to rent or buy.
- Make full use of sites for new housing that have ceased to be used for other purposes
- Enact legislation to release other land for housing.
- Improve existing housing stock to the highest standard possible.
- Institute shared ownership schemes with housing trusts.
- Ensure that housing programmes contain a mixture of social, rented housing and owner-occupied homes.
- Build all new housing to the highest eco-standards, so that it has the least impact on its surroundings.